General Cable Cookies Policy
Cookies are small computer files stored in the user’s computer that help us recognize the user. It helps the Website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. This can make your next visit to the site easier and more useful to you.
Cookies are essential for the Internet to work correctly by providing several advantages to improve interactive services, making web browsing easier. Cookies do not damage hardware but rather help us to identify and solve errors.
The following information will help you to understand the different types of cookies used:
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that are stored in a browser cookie file until the user leaves the Web page, leaving no trace on the hard drive. Information obtained via these cookies is used to analyze how users interact with the Website. This helps us to improve the web content and experience, making it more user-friendly.
- Permanent Cookies: These are stored on the hard drive and our Website reads them every time the user visits the site. A permanent cookie has an expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date.
The following is a list of the main cookies used in our Website, namely:
- Strictly necessary cookies are, for example, those that are used for correct web browsing or those that allow services to be carried out by the user or cookies, which are used to ensure that the web page content loads correctly.
- Third party cookies are those used in social networks or for complementary external content.
- Analytic cookies are used for periodical maintenance to offer the best possible service to the user. The main function is to collect information and report statistical data.
RELATION AND DESCRIPTION OF THE COOKIES THAT WE USE ON THE WEB PAGE:
The following table shows how cookies are used on our Web page:
||This cookie is a session identifier provided by the server.
||It allows and stores the language selected by the user in the session
||GRUPO GENERAL CABLE SISTEMAS S.L supports the use of Google Analytics in this web site, which enables us to monitor the activity on it.
||Google Analytics Cookies collect standard log information and data about the habits of visitors anonymously.
||For more information:
Complementary Guarantees – Cookie Management:
As a further complementary guarantee to the ones previously described, the registry of cookies could be subject to acceptance during the installation or update of the browser. Such acceptance can be revoked at any time via the content configuration and privacy options available.
Many browsers allow a private mode to be activated through which the cookies are always erased after the visit. Depending on the each browser, this private mode can have different names. The following is a list of the most common browsers and the different names for “private mode”:
- Internet Explorer 8 and later versions = In Private
- Safari 2 and superior = Private Navigation/Browsing
- Opera 10.5 and later versions = Private Navigation/Browsing
- FireFox 3.5 and later versions = Private Navigation/Browsing
- Google Chrome 10 and later versions = Incognito
Important Note: Please read the Help section carefully of your browser in order to find out more about how to activate a “private mode.” Users can visit our Web page even though their browser is in “private mode,” however, the session might not be optimum and some functions may not work correctly.