Your Wind Energy Cable Partner
With a broad range of wind generation, transmission and distribution cables that link turbine sources to the grid and beyond, General Cable is your renewable energy cable partner. For more than three decades, General Cable has developed the most reliable and technologically advanced cable solutions through experience, innovation and an extensive R&D program, allowing us to respond to the world’s changing energy needs. We offer the power and stability of a longstanding global company with local support to service a variety of wind energy partners throughout the world.
Breadth of Product
From the nacelle and tower of the wind turbine where electricity is created to the step-up transformer where the electricity is transferred to the collection system, and from the substation to the power grid, General Cable provides a broad range of renewable energy products for the terrestrial and offshore wind markets.
- Nacelle cables to withstand the flexing and vibrations of the turbine
- Tower cables, both copper and aluminum, for flexible and static vertical tower applications
- Insulated and bare grounding products that meet tower and system grounding requirements
- High-dielectric-strength, low-dielectric-loss, underground collection system cables that provide efficient transmission of power to the substation for distribution
- Substation and transmission overhead and underground transmission conductors and cables that deliver power from the substation to the power grid
- Optical fiber Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system cables for wind farm monitoring and operational networks
Click below and learn about General Cable's capabilities in the wind energy market.
General Cable's Wind Energy Market Capabilities
Click here for Mobile
Click here for iPad
Click here for Flash