Primary Terms and Conditions of Sale (Effective 4/1/14)
1. Prices, Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
2. Prices are those in effect at time of order. Prices quoted are firm for 7 calendar days after date of quotation.
3. A $1000 minimum order value will apply on all orders. On orders having mixed product lines, the sales value of items other than Outside Plant will be applied towards the $1000 minimum. GCC will accept orders valued less than $1000 with a $100 surcharge.
4. Delivery commitments are based upon the best information present at time of quotation and/or time of order entry, but may change due to conditions beyond the company's control. Delivery must be within 30 days after receipt of order or manufacturing lead time. Extended requested delivery dates are subject to price revisions or cancellation of the order by General Cable. Availability of items quoted as “stock” are done so on a “subject to prior sale” basis.
5. Freight Terms:
(a) FOB Shipping Point
(b) Transportation charges prepaid most economical way on shipments totaling $30,000 or more to one destination in the Continental United States. On orders having mixed product lines, the sales value of items other than Outside Plant products will be applied towards the $30,000 requirement and the entire order will be shipped prepaid. Freight differential due to a more expensive specified routing will be charged to the customer.
6. Terms of payment are net 30 days from date of invoice.
7. All items are quoted as standard General Cable putups with a tolerance of plus or minus 10% on each reel. Without prior consent from the customer, there will be a plus or minus 5% tolerance on the original total ordered quantity. Should required lengths differ from those listed, cut charges will apply and lead-times could vary.
8. Cut charges of $150 apply when other than standard lengths are requested. Cut charges do not apply when standard or non-standard stock reels are offered and accepted.
9. Quotations are based upon all materials shipping on standard commercial non-returnable wooden reels. If a steel reel is needed because of cable size or length requirements, then a deposit or usage charge would apply.
10. No product returns will be accepted after 365 days from the original ship date. Returns are subject to a restocking charge of up to 20% with freight prepaid by buyer to General Cable’s designated location. Credit issued will be based upon the lesser of the invoiced price or current pricing for similar volume. All returns must be accompanied by a return goods authorization. All special and custom-made products are non-returnable and non-cancelable.
11. Orders may only be changed or cancelled upon the prior approval of General Cable and may be subject to a change order fee or cancellation charge. GCC reserves the right to impose a minimum cancellation fee of 10% on any order cancelled after GCC has acknowledged receipt. The 10% cancellation fee could increase if GCC purchased copper at a higher level than the market price for copper at the time of order cancellation. All cancellation requests will be reviewed on an individual basis.
12. General Cable warrants that products will be free of defects in material and workmanship. Liability is limited to the repair and replacement of defective goods. See our standard warranty for additional details.
13. Additional items may be added to an existing order within 2 business days after the date of original order entry (provided the original order has not shipped).