General Cable … Your Partner for the 21st Century
General Cable is a key supplier of Brand Rex Brand wire and cable to the Military market.
Mission-critical systems require high performing wire and cable designed to support today’s warfare environment and ensure our best defense. As a key supplier to the military, General Cable has a 40-year legacy of meeting the highest performance standards in military cable technology.
From Brand Rex Brand power, control and signal low-smoke, zero-halogen (LSZH) cables, designed in accordance with M24643, to fiber optical cables qualified to M85045F and M49291C, General Cable offers a wide selection of copper cabling and fiber optic solutions, including Blown Optical Fiber (BOF) technology, for navy shipboard, military ground support and aerospace, including application-specific cable requirement designs.
Still in a class by itself, General Cable’s shipboard copper and fiber optic cables continue to meet the highest performance standards in innovative military cable technology.
Breadth of Product
General Cable offers the most expansive line of copper, fiber, blown optical fiber (BOF), application-specific cable assemblies, and hybrid cabling solutions in the cable industry.
- M24643 Navy Shipboard LSZH power, control and signal copper cable
- M24643 Navy Shipboard LSZH communications cable
- M85045F Navy Shipboard LSZH fiber optic cable & blown optical fiber technology
- M49291C Navy Shipboard LSZH blown optical fiber
- NAVSEA/NAVORD Series of power, control, signal, data, coaxial, triaxial, and copper and fiber optic specialty cable
- M3432, M5136 & M5756 Military special purpose cables
As a significant cable supplier to the military, General Cable is one of a few cable manufacturers that have a MIL-STD-790 approved testing facility. This product assurance program is certified by the Defense Supply Center, Columbus (DSCC). Under the MIL Specification requirements, MIL-STD-790 authorizes General Cable to submit test results on cabling system products and components without requiring third party lab testing certification. All cables are 100% production tested prior to shipment, assuring a requisite level of performance, quality and reliability that the products will perform in the most demanding military environments.
Quality Programs and Certifications
- ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001:2008 Quality Management Systems
- ISO/IEC 17025
On Land, at Sea and in the Air
General Cable supports our nation’s most technologically advanced military and specialty systems. Twenty-first century defense programs will see the continued drive toward advance stealth technology platforms and the need for innovative cabling products to support weaponry, propulsion, sensor systems and automation. During the last 4 decades, Brand Rex cabling solutions have sustained and continued operations in challenging environments. Whereas our past programs supported numerous 20th century advancements, our present technical engineering and development expertise and support called to action for such programs as listed below.
- Aegis Destroyer and weapon control
- Patriot Missile
- Amphibious Assault Ship
- 21st Century (IT-21) Shipboard C4I
- Nimitz-class nuclear-powered aircraft carriers
- Tactical Integrated Digital Systems (TIDS)
- Virginia-class nuclear–powered submarines
- Next Generation shipboard propulsion
- Militarized communications systems