Low-Voltage Power Cable
- PowrNet® 600V Network Cable – General Cable’s PowrNet cable was developed for use in congested urban networks (particularly in duct systems) where maximum reliability, easy of installation, and low-smoke cables are required.
- PowrServ® Low-Voltage Cable – General Cable offers a wide range of cable types and sizes to meet Utility requirements for the finest cables used in a variety of underground and overhead applications. PowrServ is a low-voltage cable of insulated conductors for overhead and underground distribution.
- PowrServ® Reeless Package for PowrServ® Cables – The reeless package was introduced by General Cable in 1999 as a means to help Utilities with the growing concern of disposal and landfill costs.
Medium-Voltage Power Cable
- NEW!! EmPowr® Fill – General Cable’s filled EPR insulated medium-voltage EmPowr Fill cable is a formulated technology developed to provide cable compound solutions to meet the rigorous underground cable installations of today and the future.
- NEW!! EmPowr® Fill LF Lead-Free – Introducing General Cable's new environmentally sound, lead-free filled insulation medium-voltage EAM energy cable. Attentive to the challenges and transformations taking place in the utility industry, General Cable anticipated the need for a new, sustainable approach more than a decade ago. Advances in technology have enabled General Cable to pioneer a medium-voltage cable that advances the way utilities distribute power for the 21st century. The answer is EmPowr® Fill LF.
- Lead-Free EmPowr® Link – General Cable’s EmPowr Link Cross-Linked Polyethylene (TRXLPE) insulated medium-voltage power cable is strongly recommended for primary distribution service applications such as underground residential and rural systems because of its excellent dielectric and physical characteristics.
- PowrPak® – The Next Generation of MV-UD Cable, now available with lead-free EAM insulation. Since the early 1920s, Paper Insulated Lead Covered (PILC) cable has been the standard for cable reliability. But as load demands increased, environmental concerns grew and urban distribution systems aged, it became necessary to develop a new cable design. PowrPak® is that cable.
High- and Extra-High-Voltage Cable
- Silec® Cable – Having pioneered the development of solid-dielectric extruded high- and extra-high-voltage cable systems for more than 40 years, Silec Cable provides its customers with unrivalled know-how and experience throughout the world.
Bare Overhead Conductor
Renewable Market Brochures
NEW!! Delivering the Renewable Power of Wind Energy - From the nacelle and tower of the wind turbine where electricity is created to the step-up transformer where electricity is transferred to the collection system, and from the substation to the power grid,
General Cable provides a broad range of renewable energy products for the terrestrial and offshore wind markets. Besides developing next-generation wind products, General Cable has the offering to comprise a complete cable solution for wind power applications.
NEW!! EmPowr® Link CL™ — the next generation in renewable energy collection systems. It’s the only medium-voltage cable that costs less now and pays more later: Reduced upfront cost; Environmentally friendly; Better long-term efficiency; and Greater return on investment. U.S version Canadian version
NEW!! EmPowr® Link 35 kV MV-90 Cables for Wind Farms - General Cable’s EmPowr® Link MV-90 cables are already the greenest choice for wind farm construction. EmPowr Link offers high dielectric strength with the lowest dielectric loss characteristics of any medium-voltage cable type.
NEW!! Harnessing the Renewable Power of the Sun - From the Sun to the Outlet - From the back of the solar panel to the inverter where DC electricity is converted into clean AC power, from the inverter to the transformer where electricity is transferred to the substation, and from the substation to the power grid, General Cable provides a broad range of renewable energy products for the solar market. Besides developing next-generation solar products, General Cable has the offering to comprise a complete cable solution for solar power applications. From low-voltage DC and AC connections and medium-voltage distribution to high-voltage overhead and underground transmission lines, General Cable’s range of products is engineered to withstand the demands of entire solar power generation, transmission and distribution systems — from the sun to the outlet.