Our Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Policy General Cable is committed to producing and marketing products in an environmentally sound and responsible manner. We will manage our facilities, processes and materials in a way that meets or exceeds regulatory requirements and that minimizes risk to our associates, the public and communities where we operate.
We will work to continually strengthen our Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) performance by:
• Defining and developing a company culture where a concern for the environment, health and safety are established through example, involvement, recognition and training;
• Measuring EH&S performances against effective management systems, regulatory requirements and established annual goals and objectives;
• Analyzing the EH&S aspects of all new processes, materials and equipment;
• Improving our management systems in order to respond promptly to the findings of regularly scheduled internal and third-party EH&S audits;
• Controlling and reducing environmental impact through material selection and use, implementation of best management practices, process improvements and recycling.