General Cable has been an innovator for more than 170 years, and today, the company is connecting and powering people's lives with a strong portfolio of brand names and products. With these strong legacy brands, as well as the brands that have come to us through acquisition, we provide wire and cable solutions that transmit power and distributes needed energy; empower the world and connect points precisely; direct traffic without gridlock; and deliver signals clearly worldwide.
(Right-click here to download our Corporate Line Card of General Cable Products)
- Carol® Brand: Global line of portable cord, cordset products, datacom and electronic products. General Cable acquired the Carol product line in 1992 and the origin of the Carol brand is traced back to 1949.
- Brand Rex Brand: Broad range of specialty cables that was established in 1999 after General Cable acquired BICC Cables. These cables meet the exacting specifications for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, transit, offshore and marine shipboard, and nuclear applications.
- Anaconda® Brand: Global line of mining cable that was established by General Cable in 2000 after the acquisition of BICC Cables. A leader in the mining market since 1929, Anaconda® Brand has set the industry standard by which all others are measured.
- GenSPEED® Brand: Premium line of data communication cables in North America that was introduced by General Cable in 2001.
- NextGen® Brand: North American line of fiber optic cables that was introduced by General Cable in 2002.
- Silec® Brand: Global line of high- and extra-high-voltage cable systems established by General Cable in 2005 after the acquisition of Silec Cable. Silec® Brand has been a recognized leader in the global electric utility market for almost half a century.
- Phelps Dodge® Brand: Global line of wire and cable products established by Phelps Dodge International Corporation (PDIC) in 1955. PDIC was acquired by General Cable in 2007.
- NSW® Brand: Global line of submarine communications and power cable solutions that was established by General Cable in 2007 after the acquisition of Norddeutsche Seekabelwerke GmbH & Co. (NSW). For over 100 years, NSW has been a leading brand of communications, submarine, overhead, power and offshore cables.
- Gepco® Brand: Global line of premium professional broadcast and commercial A/V wire, cable and assemblies that was established by General Cable after the acquisition of Gepco International, Inc. in 2009. After its opening in 1981, Gepco has remained a leading brand in the Broadcast industry.
- STABILOY® Brand: Line of branded aluminum alloy building wire products in the United States and Mexico that was established by Alcan Cable in 1975. Alcan Cable was acquired by General Cable in 2012.
- NUAL® Brand: Line of branded aluminum alloy building wire products in Canada that was established by Alcan Cable in 1975. Alcan Cable was acquired by General Cable in 2012.
- Prestolite Wire® Brand: Premium global line of transportation wire, cable and assemblies that was established by Prestolite in 1985. Prestolite Wire LLC was acquired by General Cable in 2012.